Empowerment in Ageing information evening
Join us in Manly this July 26th for an empowering evening with a line-up of expert speakers specialising in the ageing process.
Following the success of our last event, we are again offering an impressive line-up of speakers who will educate the community on important topics related to the ageing process.
Please join us for canapes and a glass of wine at the Sebel Hotel on beautiful Manly beachfront while hearing from a raft of professionals who specialise in the transition into ageing. This years speakers are:
- Louise Mace: Founder and Managing Director, New Way To Stay
- Dr Stephen Ginsborg (keynote speaker): Stephen is a well-known Northern Beaches GP specialising in Elder and Palliative Care and he is a board member of the Council on the Ageing (COTA NSW). He is also a long-term active participant of the Groundswell Project and Compassionate Community Campaign.
- Kevin Reid: CEO, Manly Warringah Pittwater Community Aid
- Lorena Millett: Aged Care Specialist Financial Adviser, Osborne Yuille & Associates (Narrabeen)
- Claire Nielsen: Principal solicitor, Shipton & Associates (Manly)
- Rod Laycock: Director, Meditech Home and Disability Care (servicing all of Sydney)
They will be advising on critical subjects including:
- Home Support: guidance to applying for government benefits, and assistance options that enable staying at home safely, plus information and tips for modifying your own home;
- Legal and Estate Planning, Wills, Power of Attorney, Enduring Guardianship and more;
- Financial advice and what to expect when considering staying at home or moving into residential care;
- End-of-life planning, and the importance of knowing your rights and the advocacy support options available.
We invite those wanting to be well armed before, during and after the transition into ageing.
Ticket numbers are limited. Click the link below for more information and to secure your seat on the night.
*** Early Bird price for tickets purchased before June 30th will only be $30***